Aum Meditation for Opening the Third Eye
"“Third eye” or “ crown chakra” or “Anja Chakra” is the sixth chakra of the kundalini seven chakras."
A chakra is an energy vortex that is located in a certain section of the body and influences the organs and glands in that area. A Chakra is also linked to specific personality qualities and functions as a conduit between the mind, body, and spirit. “Third eye” or “ crown chakra” or “Anja Chakra” is the sixth chakra of the kundalini seven chakras. The third eye chakra is the energy center in our bodies that controls intuition, imagination, cognition, and self-awareness.
Your third eye chakra is located in the center of your head, parallel to the middle of your brows. The pituitary gland, pineal gland, nasociliary nerve plexus, and frontal lobes of the brain are all involved.
What is Chakra Meditation?
As we know chakra are energy points in our body. So these energy points should be in their activated and balanced state so that they can perform properly. That is why we go for chakra meditation. Chakra meditation focuses on activating and balancing a specific chakra in order to improve its overall function, as well as the characteristics and traits associated with it. Psychic energies connected with a particular chakra are sometimes released as well.
Different meditation techniques are used to balance and activate all chakras or specific chakras.
Similarly, to activate or balance the third eye chakra “Aum” or “OM” meditation is used. In this article, we will discuss in detail Aum Meditation to open the third eye or Anja chakra.
What is Aum Meditaion?
Ajna Chakra means "to command" in Sanskrit. And when the third eye chakra is activated, it grants the ability to access intuitive knowledge. Its waking denotes greater levels of meditation and concentration. To activate or open this chakra, we shall use the physical trigger point as a place of concentration. As each chakra is linked to a specific location and is important for a specific purpose. It is also linked to a specific seed sound that can be used to activate it. The seed sound for activating the third eye chakra is Aum or Om and for that reason, the meditation is known as “Aum Meditation”.
Aum is the highest consciousness in the universal vibration of awareness. The “A” represents your most common conscious state, waking up. While “U” represents a peaceful state of mind before we achieve deep sleep, when our subconscious mind is engaged. whereas, “M” symbolizes a deep sleep in which our unconscious thoughts reveal themselves but are not yet consciously recognized.
Aum aims to dispel the physical world's illusions, allowing us to enter a transcendental condition where we can experience the rarest form of present consciousness, a heightened feeling of self, and the purest realization of peace and quiet.
If you are thinking that just hearing this powerful word can help open up the third eye chakra then yes it's true. So to activate your third eye chakra keep your gaze fixed between your brows. Then press the center of the brow. Slowly chant the mantra "Om," the Anja mantra synchronizing it with your breath, and focus solely on this point. When the third eye chakra is balanced and activated, it is stated that we become wiser, more aware of our surroundings and what we do, and more spiritually motivated in our lives.
What are the Benefits of Aum Meditation?
The benefit of Aum meditation is a lot more than just opening your third chakra. Following are some more benefits of it.
- Enhances intuition's potency.
- Increases and bestows Psychic Powers.
- Enhances and fine-tunes alertness.
- Clarity of mind, insights, and wisdom are provided.
- Allows you to communicate with your "inner self" or "higher self" for advice and inspiration.
- Builds the Yogic Mind, also known as the Neutral Mind, which is free of ego attachments.
- Develop the ability to read people and recognize their subtle and gross energy states.
- Allows Kundalini Energy to flow into the higher centers.
- Promotes the ability to dream in lucidity.
- Nonverbal communication is possible.
- Builds mental focus and one-pointedness.
- It enhances your vision.
- It is beneficial to one's health and well-being.
How to practice Aum Meditation?
Following are some instructions for performing Aum meditation to open the third eye chakra.
- Take a comfortable cross-legged position. Alternatively, you can sit in a chair or lean against a wall for this meditation.
- Set a timer for 20 minutes on your alarm clock or other timer devices.
- Lie with your spine extended upwards, stretch your neck, and bring your chin in softly. By doing this, your spine will align with your head.
- Take five calm, deep breaths through your nose. This will help to oxygenate your blood while also relaxing you.
- Look up at an imagined point in the middle of your forehead, slightly above the brows, while keeping your head straight. While holding this position, close your eyes. Excessive strain should be avoided.
- You can rest your hands in any comfortable position, including on your knees.
- Try to maintain as much stillness as possible.
- Inhale deeply and begin chanting the mantra AUM in a quiet, smooth, steady voice. The AUM mantra should be chanted for the duration of the exhalation. During each exhalation, it's a long "Oh" followed by a semi-long "Mmmm." After you've evacuated all of the air, take a deep breath in and start chanting the mantra again. Imagine the sound of OM emerging from a place in the center of your forehead, right above your brows, and resonating throughout your entire body.
- Continue for as long as the meditation lasts. If your eyes become tired, release the position but keep chanting the AUM mantra as before. When you're ready, reapply the position.
- After you've finished the meditation, rub your hands together to warm them up, then lay them over your eyes as you slowly open them. Your eye muscles will be soothed and relaxed as a result of this.
Pro tip: Chanting the AUM (OM) Mantra for the activation of the Ajna Chakra has various versions and can be done practically anywhere. Instead of reciting the OM (AUM) Mantra aloud, silently chant "Oh" as you inhale, visualizing the sound flowing into Ajna Chakra from your forehead, and then secretly chant "Mmmmm" as you exhale, visualizing the sound leaving Ajna Chakra. The rest of the meditation is the same as before.
How Long does it Take You to Open Third Eye?
When it comes to how long it takes to open your third eye, there are no hard and fast rules. Some believe it might take a few days, a week, a month, or perhaps much more. Some claim that years of practice are required, if not a lifetime. Basically opening your third eye is a daily activity to which you need to spend attention. However, it is important not to rush or force anything. Rather than trying to stick to a schedule, focus on enjoying the practice and doing what feels good for you.
We know opening the third eye chakra is not a one-day task. But it takes time. Try actively engaging your third eye for ten minutes each day through meditation, chanting, prayer, dance, yoga, essential oil, and flower essence use. Omidlife, a global holistic platform is offering different courses to guide you on how to live a healthy life and get harmony between mind, body, and soul. They are also offering courses on a journey through chakras and elements so that you can live a healthy balanced life. You can also download their app and get benefits on the go.